The Institute for Social Justice (ISJ) is a non-profit advocacy and research NGO- registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 (Pakistan). It supports networks and forums in the implementation and monitoring of international and national human rights treaties and laws for the delivery of social justice. It conducts research, assessments and fact findings on all relevant areas that directly and indirectly affect or influence delivery of social justice. It works under the guidance and supervision of its Executive Committee and Advisory Council. However, the ISJ, irrespective of gender, caste, belief, ethnicity, origin, and age, produces human rights defenders and aims to establishes district and regional groups and networks of young, old, labourers, women and children, and strengthen them, so that the monitoring of the implementation of the human rights treaties and laws could be made possible with the intention that social injustice can be eliminated. The ISJ develops and implements programmes in response to the needs of children, women, minorities, labourers, immigrants, disabled, displaced and prisoners in their respective areas. The ISJ is registered with the United Nations-DESA as a civil society organization.
Latest NewsView All
- Pakistan: Bonded Labourers released and escaped in 15 years
February 17, 2016
- In Pakistan, sharp decrease in bonded labourers’ release in...
February 13, 2016
- ISJ welcomes submission of the 5th periodic CRC report by...
August 19, 2015
- Nikah Registrars are making money by solemnizing child...
December 31, 2014
- ISJ welcomes SC of Pakistan’s polio intervention for...
November 25, 2014
- 2 years passed to Pakistan’s UPR review: Poor progress
November 6, 2014
- IMF, WB & Industrial countries should wave off...
August 7, 2014
- IMF pushing countries to burden poor with more taxes
August 3, 2014
- Since 2004 school building exists but without education in a...
July 10, 2014
- ISJ welcomes establishment of Sindh Human Rights Commission
May 28, 2014
- Tax exemption on educational products in Pakistan
May 26, 2014
- Deplorable rights of labourers in 2013 in Pakistan
May 1, 2014
- In 12 years, 24725 cases of child sexual abuse reported in...
April 17, 2014
- 29th slave child reported dead: nobody’s problem, no...
February 14, 2014
- 13 rescued after 10-year forced labour in Punjab Pakistan
February 13, 2014